Find a program
Currently, close to 200 family childcare programs (FCC), center-based programs, and alternative settings in San Mateo County voluntarily participate in Quality Counts. These programs are committed to quality improvement and go beyond regulatory licensing requirements to support the children in their care and provide a strong foundation for school readiness and beyond. There are two ways to participate in QCSM: State-funded programs participate in the Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS), and all other center-based programs, FCCs, and alternative settings participate in QCSM as Quality Improvement (QI) programs.
Use the search bar (or the "View on Map" feature) to identify programs that meet your needs. Please click on the provider’s name for contact information to connect with the provider directly.
What is a Quality Rating?
Ratings look at the following areas:
- 1How effectively the teacher interacts with the children
- 2How the teacher assesses children’s learning needs and creates appropriate activities
- 3How safe and healthy the environment is
- 4How often children receive developmental and health screenings and follow up referrals if needed
- 5The teachers’ qualifications and education in child development and early learning
- 6The program director’s qualifications and training in early learning and program administration*
- 7How many teachers there are compared to the number of students and how many total children there are in each class*
*Family child care programs are not rated in these areas